March 10, 2016 / School Breakfast Program
Registration is already underway for the 2016 Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend! This annual event sees approximately 50,000 runners descend on Ottawa's downtown core to participate in one of six races over two days. This year's event will take place May 28-29, 2016.
We are very excited to be participating in our first ever Scotiabank Charity Challenge, a cornerstone of the weekend that has raised over $800,000 for local charities. We're looking for runners and fundraisers to make our first event a success! Funds raised will go to support theOttawa School Breakfast Program.
There are several ways you can support ONFE in our first Scotiabank Charity Challenge:
- Sign up to run and collect fundraising pledges from friends, family, and co-workers (be sure to fill out the Scotiabank Charity Challenge section of your registration and select Ottawa Network for Education as your charity of choice).
- Sponsor a runner. If someone you know is fundraising for us, show your support by donating to their campaign!
- Make a donation to ONFE (no running required!)
- Put together a corporate team and challenge other businesses to increase the competition!
All runners will receive:
- Personal fundraising page through the Scotiabank Charity Challenge website
- Tips to help you get started with your fundraising campaign
- Access to training plans and race tips
You can help us reach our goal of raising $5,000 for the Ottawa School Breakfast Program, providing 5,000 nutritious meals to children and youth in Ottawa.
Please contact Alison Sheepway at email@example.com or 613-366-3085 ext. 259 if you have any questions or comments.