PROGRAM MANAGER (Part-time) – JA COMPANY PROGRAM AFTER-SCHOOL
Are you passionate about entrepreneurship, youth, education, business and innovation? Consider joining the dynamic and creative team at the Ottawa Network for Education.
With a staff of 25 people, a budget of $4 million, a distinguished Board of Directors, and a 33-year track record, the Ottawa Network for Education (ONFE) is a charitable organization that has earned its role as a catalyst for collaborative action around education-related issues in Ottawa.
ONFE works very closely with the four local school boards, leveraging community relationships to support the success of their students. The colleges and universities of Ottawa are also long-standing partners of the organization. ONFE’s innovative programs remove barriers to learning, enhance student health and well-being, and help K-12 students make informed choices about education and careers. ONFE’s work is supported by a network of more than 200 partners and 2,000 volunteers.
ONFE is proud to partner with JA Canada and deliver JA programs in Ottawa.
Junior Achievement (JA) is a non-profit organization that provides business education to youth. The mission of JA is to inspire youth and prepare them to succeed in the global economy. Through JA entrepreneurship programs, students gain firsthand experience in running a business. They work with mentors from the local business community to create strategies and manage their own company.
We are looking for an energetic team player to serve as the Program Manager for JA Company After-School and other JA Ottawa high school programs.
- Recruit schools, students, and volunteers for JA high school programs;
- Recruit, train, and support volunteers and educators;
- Establish volunteer teams to facilitate JA programs in regional high schools;
- Liaise with schools and community partners to secure program locations;
- Monitor and visit programs regularly;
- Track JA Companies’ progress and address issues that arise with students, volunteers, educators, products/services;
- Communicate with students, teachers, and volunteers with a monthly newsletter;
- Support JA marketing efforts through social media;
- Implement program evaluations;
- Administer the JA Award nominations process;
- Coordinate the annual JA Awards event;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Key Competencies
- Three years of experience in program delivery, coordination or management;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma;
- Entrepreneurial, creative, and efficient;
- Analytical thinker with strong priority-setting skills;
- Organized, detail-oriented, and enjoys solving problems and puzzles;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve results;
- Experience in presentations and workshop facilitation;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Other Desirable Qualifications
- Proficiency in Google Classroom;
- Skilled storyteller with experience in social media;
- Bilingual (English / French);
- Experience working with schools or school boards;
- Event management skills.
How to apply:
This is a part-time (22.5 hours / week) term position from August 2018 to June 2019, with flexible hours primarily spread over Tuesday to Thursday between 1pm to 7pm with occasional work on evenings and weekends. There is a possibility of renewal.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.