Are you passionate about youth education, and innovation?
Are you looking for an exceptional career experience?
Consider joining the dynamic and creative team at the Ottawa Network for Education.
The Ottawa Network for Education (ONFE) is a non-profit charitable organization that develops collaborative programs to ensure a strong, innovative education system in Ottawa supported by an engaged community. Working with partners from business, education, government and the community, ONFE has launched over 40 programs since its inception in 1985. ONFE also acts as a catalyst for discussion and collaborative action around local education issues. To learn more about the Ottawa Network for Education, please visit our website at http://www.onfe-rope.ca.
We’re seeking a Controller to ensure that ONFE’s financial and assigned administrative systems are efficient, effective and legally sound. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Controller will provide the necessary oversight as well as execute as required all financial functions at ONFE including: budget and forecasts; financial reporting to the Board, staff, and funders; contracts; liaison with Finance and Audit Committee, auditors, bankers, lawyers and investment advisors. The incumbent will lead a team of staff and as a member of ONFE’s Leadership Team, the Controller will also play a key role in shaping the future of our organization.
Qualifications and Key Competencies
- Strong interest in youth, education and innovation
- Degree or diploma in business administration or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in finance and operations management
- CPA designation or equivalent experience
- Recognized certificate in human resources management is an asset
- Strong project management skills
- Experience managing information technology
- Experience working with volunteer boards and committees
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in support of the organizations mandate and administrative requirements
- Experience leading a team
- Knowledge of CRA charitable rules and regulations
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle is an asset
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
This is a part-time (2.5-3 days/week) term position (one year) with the possibility of renewal. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31. Competition will remain open until the position is filled. We thank applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.