- This event has passed.
Excellence in Literacy Foundation Volunteer Training – March 10th
March 10, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Literacy is hope. Literacy is freedom. Literacy is a human right, not a luxury item.
The Canadian Centre for Learning anticipates that by 2032, Ottawa will have the highest increase in illiteracy (80%!) on our country. This increase will occur along socioeconomic lines.
The Excellence in Literacy Foundation (ELF) has the answer to this challenge. We use fast, simple and inspiring literacy program techniques and materials to teach community builders, and the children they serve, that literacy is attainable and that they are limitless.
Please join us from 1 – 4 PM on Tuesday, March 10th, 2020 to discuss:
- creating a program space where children evolve and thrive
- •how to create inspiring, effective, powerful and joyful volunteer support
- the study of the critical elements of literacy and life-skills program delivery and the application of ELF materials
- the application of our user-friendly literacy assessment systems to measure outcomes – this brings integrity to programming, program participant, and donor relationships
- best practices when applying the ELF’s Literacy Pillars, leadership, vocational education, employability, and financial literacy workbooks
- effective literacy assessment systems