Anne-Marie Bouchard Photography
JA Ottawa has been delivering financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and work readiness programs in Ottawa schools since 2012, delivered by the Ottawa Network for Education. These programs support the educational curriculum of Ontario and are delivered by dedicated volunteers.
The pandemic has shown the need for quality online educational resources that can be accessed by youth across the country. JA has responded by working to rapidly create digital programs on a readily accessible, easy to use learning management platform.
Like our JA Ottawa in-class programs, we are able to offer these online JA programs free of charge thanks to the generosity of our donors.
These programs combine slides, videos, online activities, and games to teach youth about financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship. Programs are available for students in Grades 3 to 12, and each program lasts 2 to 4 hours.
Theses online JA programs can be self-directed or facilitated by a teacher or parent.
1) Instructions for Teacher/Facilitator-led programs:
- Go to the JA Digital Campus (https://www.jacampus.org/)
- Click on the Program Library and select the program(s) you want to deliver to your students
- Contact JA Ottawa at: firstname.lastname@example.org to register your school or your class indicating the program(s) you are interested in offering to your students
- Upon receipt of your email, we will provide you with an enrollment key (access code) for the program
- Create your account and enter the key/code to gain access to the program(s).
- Once schools reopen, JA programs can be facilitated in the classroom using this new delivery model if volunteers are unable to come into the classroom.
2) Instructions for Students to access self-directed JA programs:
- Go to the JA Digital Campus at www.jacampus.org
- Click on the Program Library
- Click on “View Self-Directed Courses”
- Read the course descriptions and click on the link for the program you want to complete
- Click on “Create New Account”
- Complete the fields to create your account
- Please note: If the student is under 13 years of age, a parent/guardian will have to provide an email address to create the account.
For any logistical questions, please contact Kristina Price at email@example.com.
We’re excited to have this new way of sharing JA Ottawa programs across our city in these unprecedented times. We’d love to hear what you learn in the comments below!