If you are an educator in the OCDSB, and you’d like a volunteer to provide academic or social support for a specific student, or if you would benefit from general classroom support, please complete the form in the button below, or contact Anne Brouillard or Lee-Ann Scott on OCDSB google mail.
How can volunteers help in your classroom?
This short 3-minute video for educators describes how OVIE can help you support all of your students in any inclusive classroom.
OVIE Can Help
Volunteers are able to support you in a variety of ways:
- Classroom volunteers assist with whatever you need to get done each day.
- Assistive technology volunteers offer much needed extra training for students using AT.
- Math tutors experienced in using Gap Closing materials offer one-on-one support in the classroom.
- English Second Language and English Language Development trained volunteers are ready and willing to help your Newcomers.
- Guidance department support assists students in scholarship and resume writing.
- Volunteers run clubs at lunch time and assist on school trips.
Whenever you hear yourself saying, "I wish I had more time and resources to do..." think about it - could a volunteer help you?