Educator Online Form
If you are an educator in the OCDSB, and you’d like a volunteer to provide academic or social support for a specific student, or if you would benefit from general classroom support, please complete the form in the button below, or contact Anne Brouillard or Heather Kotelniski on OCDSB google mail.
Volunteer Coordinator Handbook
Please review the School Volunteer Coordinator Handbook for Educators for tips on managing volunteers in schools.
How can volunteers help in your classroom?
This short 3-minute video for educators describes how OVIE can help you support all of your students in any inclusive classroom.
Mental Health Guide
Supporting Minds: An Educator’s Guide to Promoting Students’ Mental Health and Well-being
Tools to help you support learners with mental health issues.
OVIE Can Help
Volunteers are able to support you in a variety of ways:
- Classroom volunteers assist with whatever you need to get done each day.
- Assistive technology volunteers offer much needed extra training for students using AT.
- Math tutors experienced in using Gap Closing materials offer one-on-one support in the classroom.
- English Second Language and English Language Development trained volunteers are ready and willing to help your Newcomers.
- Guidance department support assists students in scholarship and resume writing.
- Volunteers run clubs at lunch time and assist on school trips.
Whenever you hear yourself saying, “I wish I had more time and resources to do…” think about it – could a volunteer help you?