Safe Food Handling
All School Breakfast Program schools are subject to inspections by Ottawa Public Health. It is important to ensure the highest sanitary practices for safe food handling.
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols and Delivery Models (OCSB & OCDSB)
- OPH Letter of Support RE: Ontario Regulation 493/17 Food Premises
- Understanding Food-Borne Illness, Low-Risk and High-Risk Foods
- Eggs: Preparation, Storage and Serving Steps
- Health Screening, Hygiene, Handwashing and Hand Sanitizing
- Tips on How to Choose, Transport and Store Food Safely
- Organizing Your Refrigerator and Keeping a Temperature Log
- Cleaning and Sanitizing (surfaces, sinks and dishwasher)
You Can Help Students Learn
Children who eat a healthy breakfast engage more in class, perform better academically, and have fewer behaviour issues. Your donation will help provide 13,500 local children with a nutritious breakfast and the chance to start each school day on equal footing with their peers.
Volunteer with the School Breakfast Program
The School Breakfast Program is supported by dedicated volunteers that assist with a variety of essential tasks, like food preparation, breakfast service, and more. You can help us support local children and youth, one breakfast at a time.
Volunteering with ONFE’s School Breakfast Program
Matthew, a volunteer with our School Breakfast Program, shows us that there is no age limit for giving back to our community!