Volunteering with ONFE’s School Breakfast Program
Matthew, a volunteer with our School Breakfast Program, shows us that there is no age limit for giving back to our community!
Safe Food Handling
All School Breakfast Program schools are subject to inspections by Ottawa Public Health. It is important to ensure the highest sanitary practices for safe food handling.
- NEW! Safety Protocols and Delivery Models Covid19 (OCDSB & OCSB)
- Food Safety Bacteria – The Invisible Enemy
- Safe Food Preparation
- Tips on how to choose, transport, and store food safely
- Sanitizing in a Sink
- Sanitizing with a Dishwasher
- Dishwashing 2-Compartment Sink Method
- Dishwashing 3-Compartment Sink Method
You Can Help Students Learn
Children who eat a healthy breakfast engage more in class, perform better academically, and have fewer behaviour issues. Your donation will help provide 13,500 local children with a nutritious breakfast and the chance to start each school day on equal footing with their peers.
Volunteer with the School Breakfast Program
The School Breakfast Program is supported by dedicated volunteers that assist with a variety of essential tasks, like food preparation, breakfast service, and more. You can help us support local children and youth, one breakfast at a time.